Pneuma of Life

If you noticed the URL for this blog, you probably were trying to figure out what on earth it meant.  I've seen several blogs and websites that cleverly use a play on words to conceptually convey the overarching theme for the site.  That being the case, I set about to create one for myself.  I had several great ideas, but they were all taken.  The whole process was starting to frustrate me.  I had a great idea for a blog and I was excited about blogging consistently, but I couldn't even get the thing off the ground without a name.  About that time, I remembered this set of videos I saw the other day in the Christian bookstore called Nooma (no recommendation implied - perhaps that will be a topic for later).  The title for the series, "Nooma", was a play on the ancient Greek work pneuma (πνεύμα).  Translated, pneuma means "breath" and in the religious context, "spirit" or "soul" is implied.

So, not only did I find a fitting phrase - it also has double meaning.  I want to offer a breath of life into an otherwise mundane world, but I also want to convey the beauty, magnificence, power, and grace, and glory of the Spirit of Life in my writings as well.

Blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me. You can say what you like, but please don't be offensive or vulgar.